Monday, April 21, 2008

That's so weird




that it says I posted that in Feb... ??? I don't know. Sorry about the comments thing, I'm used to it automatically being published. But it's good that I have control over them though.

I have my next appointment on the 28th, and I hope things are moving right along. I don't really have any reason to worry, but like mom I worry anyway.

Things have been a little stressful, but I try not to let it get to me too much. The biggest thing that is getting me down these days is owning up to the fact that we will have to move in with Michael's parents this summer. Before any of this happened I was really pinning my hopes on us having our own little house by next year. Now, though, instead of making mortgage payments we will be making diaper payments, or any other number of things a baby needs. Don't get me wrong - seeing as neither Michael nor I have much experience with babies I'm sure we will need as much help as we can get from both of our parents in the beginning. But imagining us not having our own place is kinda... depressing.

But! Things are still exciting. I will admit to looking at other people's registries and making a mental list of all the things I want :p We will probably start an official registry after I'm reassured that the first trimester is over and done with because I just can't wait much longer! Also, I found out that someone else at church claimed the name Olivia Grace before I did, which normally wouldn't bother me except that our kids will be in the same class and that would get kinda confusing. So after much discussion, Michael and I came up with a beautiful, more unique name... which we will keep a secret for now (though I will say it's not O'livia, or Olyvya, or any variation thereof).

Michael and I went to my first ultrasound, at nine weeks. The tech found our bean almost immediately, and it was wiggling around just as hyper as its father. McPeanut registered at 162 bpm and 2.5 cm, and the tech said everything looked normal. Michael said peanut looked like the worms from the game Worms Armageddon, and he's right. Our "big" ultrasound will be in June, and I can't wait! Different midwives 'tests' tell me different things about the gender, so maybe we will end up having a shem?

Graduation is coming up in a few weeks, and I dream of summer...

1 Comments:

At 10:59 PM , Blogger Lilah said...

MY GOODNESS! LOOK AT THE NOGGIN ON THAT MCPEANUT!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home